Does not work to Sync.

Help on setting up and using WebDKP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:37 pm
I just got this add-on, I've downloaded the add-on I've placed it in my add-on folder. There were two folders in it when I unzipped it, their was the webDKP folder and there was also a folder named WebDKP Sync. When I try to run the WebDKP Sync folder I get the following message:

WebDKP Sync.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Can someone please help me on what I need to fix to make this add-on work properly?
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:16 pm
Hi Manarion,

There is actually 1 folder and executable file. The folder needs extracted to the interface/addons folder. The exe file can be placed anywhere and is only for uploading or donwloading data to www.webdkp.com. To get the addon working in WoW you will need to update the TOC file or enable out of date addons. I'm not certain why you'd be getting an error running the exe though. What operating system are you using?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 pm
Thank you for replying to me. Im running Window XP home. The add-on works okay, I can see it on my mini-map. It is just the WebDKP sync tool that doesn't want to run for me
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:09 pm
Strange Manarion,

I'd say try downloading the zip file again and saving the exe out to a different folder. If you get the same error reboot into safe made and try running it. If you still get the same error I don't know what to tell you other than maybe some sort of hardware issue. I don't think there's much to this exe file.
Please post if you figure out the issue. Im curious as to what it is.

Zevious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 am
I have downloaded the zip file again and still couldn't get it to work, I was able to sync up manually. I had to locate the new webDKP.lua file and replace it while I was logged out of the game, whenever I tried to do the same thing thing logged into the game the old information would pop up when guild members whispered me !dkp. I have to log out download the new webDKP.lua file and replace it the old one everytime we raid.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:25 am
Ya unfortunately that will be all you can do. Did you try running it in safe mode?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:52 am
I can update DKP in game and press "Save Log File"
I then try to sync with website it doesnt update, whats going wrong?
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:47 am
Synch to the web only when you are logged out. Also, what folder are you trying to upload from?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:42 am
im trying to sync the file, but when i do that i said empty log file. how did i start?

for testing i gave 3 people in the raid 100dkp then i clicked save log file. all fine and such. i log out the game and upload the file trought the website.. then it says

Log file uploaded!

Empty Log File

whats the problem of this?
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:29 am
Whats the dir you are trying to upload from and what version of windows do you have. If its vista or 7 you will need to either run WoW as an admin or adjust your permissions on the folder. Otherwise, no addon variables get saved out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 am
i am using windows 7 and using the dir into my wtf folder. and i tried to start it as administrator, still aint working
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:52 pm
Theres a few folders in your WTF folder that contain a saved variables file. One contains in game settings for the addon and the other contains the DKP data. Try verifying you are opening the right one. If you are, then it's probably related to Windows 7 write access.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 am
Hi, I´m from Spain so my english is not very good.

I have an admin account in my guild DKPs sistem and its works fine, but there are some officers in my guild that can´t sync his files.

They are trying to upload file in winxp, with an admin account.
We've tried from multiple folders.
Addon version: 2.9H
They can download the tables without problems and they can modify its contents with addon. But sync does not work. They sync and return to te original tables.
Uploading a file via the web got a message that says no change in tables.

We have opened the file with notepad and the information is correct:

WebDKP_Log = {
["Version"] = 2,
["Coco 2010-08-23 18:52:15"] = {
["awarded"] = {
["Verstein"] = {
["class"] = "Death Knight",
["guild"] = "Unknown",
["name"] = "Verstein",
},
},
["zone"] = "Ciudad de Forjaz",
["date"] = "2010-08-23 18:52:15",
["reason"] = "Coco",
["foritem"] = "false",
["awardedby"] = "Susocieque",
["points"] = 5,
["itemlink"] = "Coco",
["tableid"] = 3,
},

After we sync, the addon loses the amended data and returns to the beginning

Thats not a rights problems in my officers account because i have checked it.
We allways logout before sycn.
Whats the problem of this?
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:23 pm
Can you post a screen shot of the error at dkptracker.com? Also, try updating the addon on curse.com to the newest version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm
Got the synch tool addon (version 2.7) as I'm playing on 1.12.1 private server but I can't synch with the webpage. When I press the button I get "Operation Error! Unknown error occured on the site." and in the improvedErrorFrame it stands some stuff which I dunno if it's important.
Previous

Return to Help