Does not work to Sync.

Help on setting up and using WebDKP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:55 am
Hello. The addon works just fine but when i'm saving the log file it does not apear in the WTF map. It's nowhere on the computer and i would like to get some help with it. Kind Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm
The WTF forlder is created when you first use WoW. It holds the configuration file which tells WoW if you've viewed the LUA since the last patch, what your preferences are for options and so on. It eventually creates folders depending on your addon preferences. The place where it saves ALL account information for ALL mods is the SavedVariables folder under your account root name.
I know how to spell vindictive. This is just my WoW character's name.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:44 pm
Im having a similar problem, the I dont have a savedVariables folder, used the addon like 20 times still dont have 1.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:38 pm
Thanks guys. I'll take a peek at the Addon and see if there is any issue there.
-Q
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:55 pm
Howdy all,

World of Warcraft is responsible for creating the directory: WTF\Account\USERNAME\SavedVariables\

If you can not find this path, this unfortunately means that there is a problem with your install of WoW.

WoW stores all information for all of the addons that you use in this folder. If it is not creating the folder, this means that none of your addons will be be able to save information between game restarts. Unfortunately, this means that it is not WebDKP that is running into a problem, but instead World of Warcraft. (I'd rather it was WebDKP, because then it would be faster and easier to fix it ;) ).

In this case, I'd suggest that your best bet is contacting Blizzard support to see why WoW would not create the WTF\Account\Username folder.

Sorry I couldn't give you any better news.

Cheers,
Zedd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 am
I have 40 something addons installed and working, and I can log onto wow and for example give myself 50 dkp, completly exit wow reopen it and it will still show me as having 50 dkp. I think im doing something wrong with the instalation or the sync or something, I cannot get any changes I make to register with our list on the website, and I cannot get the list from the website onto my in game addon. The only other officer in my guild with the addon has the same problem, the gm can use it and it works fine.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:32 pm
Greetings Allx,

I'm just making an observation here from someone much less experienced than Quartal and Zedd, but I feel I have to mention this because I have not seen this directly referenced in this thread yet:

You MUST use the WebDKP Sync Tool in order to pass information from your in-game addon and to the WebDKP website. Clicking "Save Log File" on the in-game addon doesn't update the website. You must use the sync tool included with the addon, and it must have a correct username and password entered in it for it to place the information online.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:50 pm
You're running Vista, aren't you? If that's the case, Vista is trying to hide your WTF folder. You can find it at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft

Obviously replace <USERNAME> with your account name. Let us know if that's what it was! :)
I know how to spell vindictive. This is just my WoW character's name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 am
vendictive wrote:You're running Vista, aren't you? If that's the case, Vista is trying to hide your WTF folder. You can find it at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft

Obviously replace <USERNAME> with your account name. Let us know if that's what it was! :)

Can we get this info added to FAQ or sticked... because i was having the same problem and from reading the forums so are others...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:08 am
In my addons folder I see 2 webdkp folders: "web dkp" and "webdkp sync" but when i try to open webdkp sync, i get an error message.

Someone said earlier in this thread you need to input your website login information for it to sync? Im wondering where do i do that?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 am
<deleted>
Last edited by Ginjuo on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm
This took me about an hour but there's another location where your file may be saved.

...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<YOURNAME>\SavedVariables

Vista search did not immediately return this file. Choose the C drive to search, and "show hidden" in the advanced search options, and eventually you should find the correct webdkp.lua to upload.

Note that the SavedVariables folder is in the middle of a list of servers.

This did in fact update the webDKP, but deleted my in-game info. It was apparently required to sync again before opening WoW every time, to keep the data live, in-game.

Now I have only one remaining issue, which is the inability to enter a negative number for loot awards. The mod lacks any type of "Undo" which is not a level of perfection I have ever yet attained. I believe I can delete loot awards on website, but this will be un-deleted at the end of the night when I sync.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 pm
Changes you make to the website will be kept when you sync, don't worry about that. As for an Undo, we're working on adding something like that soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:40 am
Agard wrote:Changes you make to the website will be kept when you sync, don't worry about that. As for an Undo, we're working on adding something like that soon.

Soon means never. Don't count on anything Agard promises. Just say you are not working on it instead of giving people lip service.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:25 am
I've used this addon in the past but stopped using it for a while and had to download it again. But the sync folder doesn't work anymore when i click it i get this message

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

nyone any ideas or am i doomed to manual download and upload for ever now?
Next

Return to Help