chwartzs defensive approach is roo

Post any issues you find. The more details you provide the better. Screenshots are also helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:59 am
VICTORIA -- Brittany MacLean of Toronto smashed the second longest-standing national womens record with her victory in the 800-metre freestyle on the last night of competition at the Canadian swimming trials on Saturday. MacLean clocked 8:24.91 seconds, eclipsing the previous mark of 8:27.59 set by Brittany Reimer of Victoria at the 2005 FINA World Championships in Montreal. MacLean and Tabitha Baumann of Ottawa -- second in 8:32.37 -- both went under the qualifying standard to be nominated to the Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacific teams. "Ive done a lot of racing this year and I wasnt sure how much my body would hold up," said MacLean, 20, a triple champion this week. "Im glad it did. To get the record is a huge accomplishment." Two-time Olympic medallist Ryan Cochrane of Victoria collected a third gold as well, winning the mens 1,500 freestyle -- his main event -- in 15:01.72, well under the qualifying standard. "I wanted to come here and put up a fast time," said Cochrane. "Its not where I want to be yet." Cochrane, who is one of 36 who will represent Canada at the Pan Pacifics in Australia in August, and one of 30 nominated to swim for Canada at Commonwealth Games in Scotland in July, says he wont settle for less than gold this summer. "Im looking forward to the Commonwealth Games because it was a dream of mine to compete at those Games since I was five," he said. "The Pan Pacs is a big event for the swimmers and the competition will be tough." In addition to 19 swimmers with national team experience, 18 newcomers will be representing Canada at the senior level for the first time this summer. The Pan Pacs team features 21 female swimmers and 15 males, while 20 females and 10 males are nominated to the Commonwealth Games. Three Canadian women went under the qualifying standard in the 200 individual medley. Erika Seltenreich-Hodgson of Ottawa completed a golden individual medley sweep clocking a personal best 2:12.26, Marni Oldershaw of Oakville, Ont., followed in 2:13.72 and Sydney Pickrem of Halifax was third in 2:13.78. "Im pretty pumped," said 18-year-old Seltenreich-Hodgson. "To get two titles this week is really exciting. To have three girls go under the standard is something. We are an IM country." Evan White of Oakville just missed notching a Canadian record in the mens 200 IM but still went under the qualifying standard with a personal best 1:59.84. The 18-year-old was 0.3 seconds under the Canadian record before heading into the final freestyle length. "I was trying to break the record and I could hear the crowd," White said. "It was a good swim." Katerine Savard won the womens 200 fly in 2:07.61, while Audrey Lacroix followed in 2:08.84. Both Pont-Rouge, Que., racers went under the qualifying standard as they did in the 100 butterfly on Friday, which featured a national record for Savard. "I dont really believe I did that time," said the 20-year-old Savard. "Its really good for me." Victoria Poon of Montreal was first in the 50 freestyle for her second win of the competition. Yuri Kisil took the mens 50 freestyle in a personal best 22.53 for his second title this week, and Zack Chetrat of Oakville, won the mens 200 butterfly. Custom Real Madrid Jerseys .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. Casemiro Real Madrid Jersey .Y. - His opponent couldnt stop him, and LeBron James didnt quite know what to think when his coach tried. http://www.realmadridteampro.com/mateo- ... id-jersey/. Lynn was tied for 16th entering the fourth round, six shots behind leader Paul Waring. He started with two birdies and added three more on his last five holes at the Oceanico Victoria course for an 18-under total of 266. Jesus Vallejo Real Madrid Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Keeping The Captain? Brian Giontas agent Steve Bartlett told La Presse on Tuesday that the Montreal Canadiens want to keep their captain - an unrestricted free agent on July 1 - in the fold, while sources tell the paper that the two sides will start talks this week. Gareth Bale Real Madrid Jersey . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Jim Schwartz doesnt expect continuity to be an issue in his new job with the Buffalo Bills. Despite taking over as the teams fourth defensive co-ordinator in four years, Schwartz stressed he has no intention of making drastic changes to his predecessors aggressive approach that made the Bills one of the NFLs most feared pass-rushing teams last season. "Were an attack scheme. Its a scheme built on the guys up front getting after the quarterback," Schwartz said during his introductory news conference on Monday. "Well be fast. Well be physical. We want to attack. ... Theres going to be a lot of defensive lineman that are real happy to play in a system like that." That should make Mario Williams, one of Buffalos three returning Pro Bowl defensive linemen, breathe a little easier. Schwartz is happy, too. A month after being fired as the Detroit Lions head coach, Schwartzs decision to bide his time before making his next move paid off in landing a job he considers to be an ideal fit. "You want to be very careful about your next opportunity, and I didnt step into this lightly," he said. "Theres a tremendous opportunity with the players that are in place." Schwartz replaces Mike Pettine, who left Buffalo after only one season to take over as the Cleveland Browns head coach. Pettines departure last week was unexpected and had the potential of undercutting whatever carry-over the Bills were seeking to build on following a 6-10 finish. Though the Bills struggled against the run, their defence finished 10th in the NFL in yards allowed — Buffalos best ranking since a second-place finish in 2004. And Buffalo finished second in the league with a franchise-record 57 sacks. Once Pettine indicated he was accepting the Browns position, Bills coach Doug Marrone wasted little time targeting Schwartz. At the same time Pettine completing his deal in Cleveland on Thursday, Marrone and members of the Bills front office travelleed to interview Schwartz for the job before reaching a deal a day later.dddddddddddd "When youre looking to hire defensive co-ordinators, you want to look at people that you dont like going against their defence," Marrone said. "Jims defences have always been very tough, very difficult to run on, very difficult to score on." Schwartz has 20 years of coaching experience including an eight-year stint as the Tennessee Titans defensive co-ordinator from 2001-08. The Titans defence three times finished among the NFLs top 10 in fewest yards allowed. Tennessee was particularly stingy in stopping the run, finishing sixth or better in yards rushing allowed, including a first-place ranking in 2003. Schwartz was inconsistent during five seasons in Detroit. He went 29-51, including a 10-6 finish in 2011 in which the Lions snapped a 12-year playoff drought. In Buffalo, Schwartzs immediate priority will be filling out his defensive staff. Marrone said four Bills defensive assistants are expected to join Pettine in Cleveland. The group includes linebackers coach Jim ONeil, who is expected to take over as Browns defensive co-ordinator, and defensive line coach Anthony Weaver. Marrone also expected to lose defensive quality control coach Brian Fleury and newly hired assistant Jeff Hafley. Veteran defensive backs coach Donnie Henderson is staying in Buffalo. Schwartzs defensive approach is rooted in a 4-3 system with some similarities to Pettines philosophy particularly when it comes to generating pressure off the edges. Schwartz intends to spend the next few months adapting his defence to the strengths of his personnel. "Theres going to be some carry-over. Theres going to be some things that well wind up changing because we think its in our best long-term benefit," Schwartz said. "Were not going to be so complicated that they cant pick things up. Whatever we keep, whatever we decide to change, there will be a reason behind it." Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale NFL Hoodies ' ' '

Return to Issues