8%
Secondary Officer Acconts on Site
20%
Option to Disable Ads
7%

Total votes : 97

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:46 am
What Feature to People Want Implemented Next?
Last edited by Zedd on Tue May 27, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:07 am
automating bidding would be sweet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:24 am
Multilang Support because it's easy to implement so we can get quickly to the next poll :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:28 am
Hi Zedd,

Could you explain automated bidding, i'm confused how this works? My guild uses somewhat of an auctioneer style approach to bidding and everyone has a lot of fun as we bid. How would automated bidding work?

Killan
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:31 am
Thats a good question -

My own thoughts of it was something like this:

- An option / button is available called 'Bidding'

- When you click on it a new window is opened allowing you to specify what is being bidded and how long bidding should last

- You can then click 'Start bidding' and an announcement is sent to raid chat with something along the following: "Bidding has now started for 'Item'! To make a bid whisper me the following: "/PlayerName !bid <amount>"

- On your screen the bidding window stays open and has both a count down timer, as well as a list of those people who have bidded / their bidding amount.

- Once the timer gets down to 0 you can select the winner from the bidding list and award them the item.

That was my idea on the feature so far. Any other interpretations?

Cheers,
Zedd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:06 am
Hmm..

That does sound cool. I guess sort of more like a silent auction of sorts.

Any way for webDKP to pick up numbers in raid chat and fill them in the pop up box? For instance:

Whoever is Master Looter links the item in such a fashion "Giantstalker's Gloves bid" when it notices the keyword bid it pops open the award box, and uses the linked item as its item info. From then on it also tracks numbers that are placed in raid chat and auto fills them in the price line.

I know for instance roll tracker has this same function. When it shows someone use the keyword roll the box opens up and tracking starts. However, rolls are a global chat or emote entry where as bids would be placed in a specific chat channel such as raid.

Just some thoughts.

Also, you may want to consider that sometimes the person running DKP is not the person master looting. I know it makes it easier in our guild if different people are doing the looting and webdkp.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:42 am
Hi Thrackley,

Those are some good ideas too, I think I might implement a mixture of both.

I was originally working off of the silent bid option because I thought thats how most guild's who did bidding worked (The guild i'm in doesn't use bidding so i'm not familiar with all the variations).

The ability to support both silent and public bidding would be good though for both types of guilds.

As a side note: I keep everything seperate so that you don't need to be a master looter to award dkp. I know in a lot of guilds (including mine) these functions are seperated to speed things up so I didn't want that resitration to be there. This prevents the addon from automattically picking things up (like what loot dropped when a boss is looted), but I think the extra flexibility is worth it.

Cheers,
Zedd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 am
Oh I was referring to the following:

"Bidding has now started for 'Item'!"

Which would require whoever is in charge of DKP to know what loot has dropped or Type it into the mod in order to activate the bidding process as you've described.

Maybe I'm wrong about this but just wanted a little more info before I voted.

Thanks!
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:45 pm
Hi thrackley,

Just wanted to thank you for some of your ideas - some of them were integrated into the latest version.

Zedd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:04 pm
Since this is kind of mentioned in the Poll above, I'll post this much desired request here.

Would it be possible to have options to have one seperate user/password for the Sync Tool over the website's admin panel? Please consider.

I absolutely love WebDKP, but one of my biggest worries in using it is the security of the data for the guild. I have about five guild officers setup to track points with this system, and it would be super nice being the only one able to manually edit/remove history information via the website's admin panel.

Great work.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:20 pm
Another thought in refrence to an automated bidding system would be as follows....

Create a CLIENT ( guild MEMBER ) version of WebDKP that each guild members installs just like any other addon, it places a button up around the minimap that when clicked on opens a bidding interface. Obviously each member would have to had configured their client to sync with the guilds channel information, Channel name and password etc.

Then when an item drops the DKP officer places the item up for bid....It then shows up on the CLIENT interface as an item currently being bid on. Along with the time they have to bid ( 60 seconds etc ). Which by the way can be configured in the OFFICERS DKP control panel as a DEFAULT value, for example...set it to 60 seconds, and every item bid on thereafter defaults out at 60 seconds..rather than having to apply a time to each and every drop.

Anyway, the CLIENT then sees the item up for bid...time remaining, as well as any CURRENT bids on the item, maybe even listing the guild member who bid it.

During the 60 seconds all members interested in the item conducts a bidding war, until the time expires and the item is awarded to the highest bidder. Ofcourse complete with announcments in /raid or /party.

Obviously the DKP officer would need to manually give the item to whomever won the bidding. But the DKP that was bid on the item would automatically be deducted from that members DKP pool. Maybe an option on the DKP officers interface to ACCEPT the winning bid..therefore deducting the approproiate DKP for the winning bidders DKP pool. A system like this would expedite the whole loot sorting / DKP spending process.

Other options that the CLIENT side would have is for example....

* The Client interface would display how much DKP that specific member has to spend, and maybe their lifetime stats, earned, spent, have etc.

* The CLIENT would have the ability to view the DKP of the entire guild, Basicly a seperate TAB to switch to to view this information. In other words integrate the webpage DKP info into the client side interface. This way members could interact with the DKP system IN GAME.

* Preferably the CLIENT side interface would read from a config file located in the addon directory that configured the approproiate settings for the guild...such as channel name and password. This would allow us guild leaders and/or DKP officers to be able to configure this config file ahead of time, integrate it into the client side addon package and make the package available on the guilds website for the guilds members to download and install, and therefore ALREADY being properly setup to connect to the guilds DKP channel simply by having installed the client.

That in itself would take a MAJOR load off a guild leaders/DKP officers shoulders to be able to config the client ahead of time, rather than having to explain to members individually how to properly setup and connect to the DKP system. Ofcourse members would STILL be able to manually edit the channel info once installed as well as it being pre-configured prior to guild distribution.

In a nutshell what I am suggesting is a Client/Server layout with the WebDKP website ( this one ) being the middleman to database the information. With all the current information that WebDKP displays via a webpage, just ported WITHIN the game via an addon (client). And having the extra functionality to allow for the automated bidding.

These suggestions would not only be a vote on your poll for "Automated Bidding", but it would cover the "In Game Browseable Loot Table" option you gave us as well. Two birds with one stone.

If these suggestions sound good to you, and you are interested in possibly achieving this goal. I/we would be more than willing to help beta any works in progress being I am the guild leader of a sufficiently sized guild ( 90'ish members ) that would be able to give some live time testing and feedback.

Either way, whether you decide to work on these suggestions or not, I would like to say "Great Work, and keep up the good job guys"... WebDKP is a MUCH needed service by im sure MANY guilds. And you have done very good thus far in providing a system thats leaps and bounds beyond 98% of the other DKP systems out there right now.

Again, if you need any beta testers for your upcoming projects, please feel free to contact me via my email addy on my profile.

Again, great work....and maybe speek with ya soon.

Till then....

PS
I also agree with Liz's suggestion about having a GOD admin and seperate officer admin login features.
Peace 4 now...4 NOW !
Gn.ßändï†ö¤CÏ5¤
Clan International Online
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:16 pm
I voted for a secondary officer on the website. To me, it seems to be more important to have a secondary DKP updater than to have an automated bidding system. This would give GM's like myself the ability to take vacations and let a guild officer deal with the DKP and so forth WITHOUT giving out passwords to the website. But this is just my opinion and decision based on the options I was given. Although a quick suggestion on it...maybe allow the main account the ability to set permissions on what the secondary account can or can't do, such as assign if they have access to the CP to edit/delete entries or not. Stuff like that.

If I were to choose what feature to implement next it would hands down be the ability for Main characters and Alt characters to share the same pool of DKP instead of them being separate. I doubt I'm the first to have thought of this for WebDKP but I definitely won't be the last. Both secondary officer on the site and the Main/Alt DKP pool are VERY important in my guild. I have so many more ideas but I will save them for a separate post in the future. lol

No matter what though this is possibly the best addon for DKP as far as its ability to post on a web DKP page(Free of charge) and its ease of use. Not to mention its EXCELLENT support with VERY timely responses.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ZEDD!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:59 pm
I know its not in the poll, but i have also noticed there has been alot of post about "Alt support". I personaly would like that feature before any of the other ones, considerin my guild uses and open bid system. If u could put that op on the poll as well i think u would get alot of votes for that. Just my opinion and thank u for a great mod.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 am
krylo wrote:I know its not in the poll, but i have also noticed there has been alot of post about "Alt support". I personaly would like that feature before any of the other ones, considerin my guild uses and open bid system. If u could put that op on the poll as well i think u would get alot of votes for that. Just my opinion and thank u for a great mod.

As I said...

Beldin wrote:I doubt I'm the first to have thought of this for WebDKP but I definitely won't be the last.

LMAO :P :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:35 am
Zedd wrote:What Feature to People Want Implemented Next?

I would love a tab that would allow manual entry of awards/dkp

My problem is, I would like to enter loot data for my guild's runs over the last month, but I just discovered your system.

If there was a manual entry page that allowed you to enter:

1. Date
2. Character Name
3. Item Awarded
4. DKP Cost

5. DKP Awarded

This would be awesome. You would just have to make sure that you entered everyone's names correctly and the item names correctly so the sync tool can match them up.

This would also help out someone who had an error and lost their data or if someone else in the guild ran the run, the DKP admin could enter the data after the fact w/o worrying about teaching the substitute leader the system.
Next

Return to General