officials ruled that the play

Announcemenets, suggestions, and general discussion of WebDKP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 pm
Look for the Anaheim Ducks and Toronto Maple to stick with their strengths Friday night at Honda Center.The Ducks (8-9-3) have been one of the toughest teams to score against in recent seasons Michael Del Zotto Jersey , while the Maple Leafs (13-6-0) have featured one of the top-scoring offenses.Anaheim had the third-lowest goals-against average in the NHL last season at 2.55, but the Maple Leafs combined for 10 goals in a two-game sweep of the Ducks. Toronto tied for third in the NHL last season at 3.29 goals per game.Article continues below ...Anaheim hasn’t been as stingy this season. The Ducks are 11th in the league in GAA (2.85), but they continue to feature one of the league’s top goaltenders in John Gibson.The Maple Leafs, meanwhile, have become stronger on offense thanks to the addition of explosive center John Tavares. They’ve also tightened up on defense behind former Anaheim goalie Frederik Andersen.Andersen, who was drafted in the third round by the Ducks in 2012 and played his first three NHL seasons in Anaheim, has built some of the best numbers in the league this season. After making 42 saves Thursday night in a 5-3 victory at the San Jose Sharks, backup goalie Garret Sparks will start against the Ducks.Gibson and Andersen alternated starts for Anaheim during the 2015-16 season before the Ducks traded Andersen to Toronto in June 2016, making Gibson their No. 1 goalie. Anaheim signed Gibson to an eight-year contraction extension last summer.The Ducks have been very successful this season when holding opponents to two regulation goals or fewer, owning an 8-0-2 record in those situations Sam Gagner Jersey , compared to 0-8-1 when they don’t.The main issue for Anaheim has been consistency, Gibson said.The Ducks started the season 5-1-1, marking the fifth time in franchise history they accumulated at least 11 points through the first seven games. Anaheim followed that run by losing seven in a row, however, one shy of the franchise record.Since ending the losing streak, the Ducks have alternated wins and losses over the past six games. They posted impressive one-goal victories against the Columbus Blue Jackets, Calgary Flames and Nashville Predators, only to lose their following game to the Los Angeles Kings (4-1), Minnesota Wild (5-1) and Vegas Golden Knights (5-0).“We’ve been able to win one here and there, but not go on a run Womens Devante Smith-Pelly Jersey ,” Gibson said. “Hopefully, we can start stringing some together.”In the loss to the Golden Knights on Wednesday, Anaheim played without one of their top defensemen, Cam Fowler. He was struck in the face with the puck late in the third period against the Predators on Monday and sustained multiple fractures that will sideline him several weeks.The Ducks will likely start three rookie defensemen against Toronto, which is averaging 3.50 goals — good for third in the NHL.A big reason for the slight increase in offensive production this season has been the addition of Tavares, a five-time NHL All-Star who left the New York Islanders on July 1 and signed a seven-year, $77 million contract with the Maple Leafs.Tavares scored the first goal Thursday night against the Sharks, giving him five goals and 10 points in a seven-game point streak. ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Martin Jones and the Western Conference-leading San Jose Sharks are peaking as they head into the playoffs.Jones made 24 saves to continue his hot streak and lead the Sharks to a 3-0 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Monday night.Barclay Goodrow, Tomas Hertl and Logan Couture scored for the Sharks http://www.officialcanucks.com/authentic-adidas-sven-baertschi-jersey , who won their fifth straight.“I felt good,” Jones said. “I thought we did great all night checking. Penalty kill was huge for us as well.”Devan Dubnyk made 26 saves for the Wild.For Jones, it was his third shutout and 34th win of the season. Twenty-five of those wins have come since the start of December, the best total in the league over that span. Jones is the first goaltender in San Jose history to post four consecutive 30-win seasons, and he’s the only goaltender in the league since 2015-16 to have four 30-win seasons. Over his last 22 starts, Jones has allowed two or fewer goals 14 times.“I think everybody kind of clamps down a little bit come playoff time,” Jones said. “We’ve won games in all sorts of different ways this year, so yeah, it’s nice to have that and build some confidence going into the playoffs.”The Wild went 0 for 3 on the power play and were shut out for the seventh time this season. It was the second time Jones has shut them out. He also was in goal for a 4-0 Sharks win on Dec. 18 in St. Paul.“Our problem, quite frankly Alex Tuch Jersey Kids , is when we get the opportunity to score, we have to score,” Wild coach Bruce Boudreau said. “In the first period, I thought we had two or three really good chances to score, and we didn’t take advantage.”Goodrow gave the Sharks the lead at the 14:06 mark of the second period by deflecting Marc-Eduoard Vlasic’s shot from the point past Dubnyk. It was Goodrow’s first goal in 35 games. His previous goal came Dec. 16 against the Chicago Blackhawks.“I think we’re playing hard,” Goodrow said. “We’re getting in on the forecheck, playing a hard style which I think you need on any fourth line.”Hertl made it 2-0 at 4:37 of the third period with his 31st of the season and his third in four games.Couture scored on a penalty shot midway through the third. It was his second career goal on a penalty shot. The first came Feb. 18 against the Boston Bruins.“I didn’t like our first period,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said. “I thought they came out and really pushed right off the bat. I thought they controlled a lot of the first period. We were stuck in our own end. They had some good looks, and (Jones) made some saves early to allow us to get out of that first period. Then I thought we started to play and find our game a little bit.”After Couture converted the penalty shot, the Wild tried to challenge http://www.officialknightsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-brad-hunt-jersey , arguing that Couture was offsides in the leadup to the penalty. But after conferring with replay officials, the on-ice officials ruled that the play could not be challenged.“It should’ve been offsides to begin with. It shouldn’t have even gotten that far,” Wild center Eric Fehr said. “I guess once they score the goal, they can’t review it, but it never should have gotten that far.”Minnesota has won only one of its last nine home games. Monday was the opener of a season-long five-game homestand for the Wild.“It’s obviously not the start we wanted,” defenseman Anthony Bitetto said. “But, you know what, we have a handful of games coming up in our building, and we’ve got to turn it around if we want to make the playoffs and have some good swag going into the playoffs.”NOTESThe Sharks are 14-3-1 in their last 18 games. … Timo Meier assisted on Hertl’s goal for his 100th NHL point. … Minnesota saw its season-best eight-game point streak (6-0-2) end in Friday’s 6-2 loss at Florida. … Wild center Victor Rask returned to the lineup after missing 12 games with a lower-body injury.UP NEXTSharks: At Winnipeg on Tuesday.Wild: Host Dallas on Thursday.

Return to General