Official Suggestions Thread

Announcemenets, suggestions, and general discussion of WebDKP
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:22 pm
Have a suggestion or request?

Post it here! :)

I've got a lot of requests on the table already though - so you might have to wait a bit :p
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:30 pm
I posted this a week or so ago in the help thread in response to someone else's post, and figured I should move it here.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:57 pm
I had been thinking about this topic a bit today when I came across the post about members who have quit a guild. I can think of two situations in which one would want to not see DKP held by specific people. The first is when someone leaves the guild, but may return at a later point, and the guild is lenient enough to restore that persons DKP to what it was when he or she left. The second is when someone takes an extended leave of absence from raiding or WoW in general. Would it be possible to add an option to designate inactive members on the website/addon, so regardless of that person's DKP, he or she is sorted (class, DKP, etc.) to the bottom of the list? I currently have a few members that fall into this category and I have recorded in another file what their last DKP totals were then set their DKP to 0 in the table. I hope this would be as simple as adding a single piece of information to what the log file shows; i.e.,

["Valaina"] =
["class"]="Druid",
["dkp"]=295.00,
["dkp_1"]=295.00,
["dkp_2"]=115.00,
["status"]="Active", or ["status"]=0, =1,
where 0=inactive & 1=active, similar to how the tableid works.

This could also be useful for sorting members of other guilds who hold DKP with your guild, so they are displayed at the bottom of the class list or DKP list. It would be less practical in-game, as you have pointed out, because guild identity is established only by proximity to the player running the addon.

~Val

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:51 am
Hi,

This might be covered by "automated bidding", but support for bidding with fixed item prices and automated pick of the one with most dkp as winner would be really neat!

Otherwise - really good work. This addon is getting better and better.

Cheers
Rottingham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:59 am
would like to see alt support in the future

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:25 am
Site DKP Listing Suggestion

Hi Zedd

Would it be very tricky to make some sort of class grouping op the dkp listing ?

So every member will be grouped into his class instead of the dkp sorting now....would maybe make it easier for members to find them.....
They only have to look for ex. warriors and then see all the warrior listed in that group highest dkp at top and so on....

EDIT:
The funktions are already there i know...but a way to create and select at default view of the sorting of the list

Cheers
Bone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 am
Hi

I would like to sugest some sort of alt support , currently im just adding manualy the dkp from an alt to the main toon and from the main to the alt so they both have the same pts, and i keep them both on table... olso would like to sugest bosskills dkp to popup when bosses die, so all that participated in the bosskill can be easyly awarded :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:48 am
Romeo wrote:Hi

I would like to sugest some sort of alt support , currently im just adding manualy the dkp from an alt to the main toon and from the main to the alt so they both have the same pts, and i keep them both on table... olso would like to sugest bosskills dkp to popup when bosses die, so all that participated in the bosskill can be easyly awarded :D

As an extention to the bosskill think, it could be usefull to tweak the interface on the whole such that when a boss dies, you get a pop up that lets you link each item that dropped, and how much that bosses death was worth in DKP to those present in the raid. Then, you could open bidding on each item by just selecting it from that list and hitting "open bidding" or something.

So maybe it could work like this, when a boss dies, the dkp master whispers the loot master in the raid, which they can reply with:
!drop [item]
!drop [item]
!drop [item]
!enddrop

Hell I don't know, that might be a little klunky. Can't hurt to talk about ideas though!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 pm
Hiding Inactive Players

Possible to have a toggle for showing/hiding a player from the dkp tab (public version)? I don't want to entirely delete someone, but hiding them from the listing would really help make it cleaner in sorting active and inactive players.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 am
Liz wrote:Hiding Inactive Players

Possible to have a toggle for showing/hiding a player from the dkp tab (public version)? I don't want to entirely delete someone, but hiding them from the listing would really help make it cleaner in sorting active and inactive players.

This would be especially helpful for zero sum systems. Currently, if someone leaves the guild, I can't delete them from the DKP list without changing the awards to others. I tried moving their awards to a guild bank entry, but a single entity can have only one instance of an award. So if I have to remove two people who each received credit for the same drop, I need two guild banks to absorb both awards.

If I could simply toggle people to no longer show up in the list, that would alleviate a ton of maintenance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:03 pm
i would like to see :
1. If 2 people want the item and the person with highest DKP gets it and they want to know who wins so they say need in raid or somthinng and when bidding ends it shows all the people who needed and their DKP
Example:
<Raid>Killermud:Jiplo -> <DKP>
<Raid>Killermud:Zedd -> <DKP>

2. i would like to see a quick tab to search for your items in your loot table so you dont have to look at the loot table peronally.

if all these things were put in i would be very happy :).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:44 am
Percentage based item costs, is that possible? Because we find that an extremely fair way of managing our dkp, keep up the good work.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:00 am
Hi Shaya,

How would percentage based item costs work?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:59 pm
Probably something like you pay x% of your dkp for an item, everyone who wants it just rolls for it (or the mod rolls for it)

We use a minimum % someone has to pay for an item, even if they are the only bidder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:00 pm
Exactly, we use a time based award system along with a percentage based cost system to keep it fair.

So let's say i have 1000 dkp at the beginning of the raid, and i need an item of 70% dkp value, then i pay 700 DKP for the item, while someone with 500 DKP would only pay 350 if they'd get to roll first on the item.

We're currently using AutoDKP, i think by looking at the program you might gain some usefull functions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:07 am
Do you have any plans of implementing the option to remove players from the dkp table without uploading? If so When? Something like left clicking on a players name gives an option to remove that player from the dkp table.
Last edited by strikerknight on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to General